Throughout the process of packing—and then later unpacking—our household’s worth of belongings earlier this month, I discovered that I have a pretty sizable collection of Halloween décor and tools. It’s amazing how quickly that stuff can add up over the years (although it probably has something to do with my Halloween-obsessed hubby), but I’m grateful for it this year since it means that I don’t really have to give the holiday a second thought. In case you’re looking to build your own collection of spooky supplies, here’s a breakdown of my top 10 tools.
- Dremel 7000-PK 6-Volt Pumpkin Carving Kit ($43.99): I got this last year and it has made carving real (and faux!) pumpkins a cinch! It’s particularly good for really involved designs.
- 4-Piece Halloween Fondant Press Set ($7.98): If you’re looking to test your skills as a holiday baker this year, than this set of Halloween-themed presses is a must.
- Paper Punch, Bats ($9.69): This punch is perfect for making homemade tabletop confetti or for embellishing paper candy bags.
- 13-Watt Compact Fluorescent Orange Bulb ($4.98) and 20-Watt Spiral CFL Blacklight Light Bulb ($10.17): We’re going to temporarily outfit our outside spotlights with these specialty lightbulbs for maximum impact come October 31st.
- Pumpkin Gutter & Carving Tool ($11.99): Are you a little queasy about pumpkin gunk? I’m right there with you. Maybe we should both try this gutter on for size.
- Gorilla Glue ($6.47): It’s basically your fix-all for anything holiday craft-related—from quick costume fixes to DIY Halloween wreath making.
- Glow in the Dark Image Transfer Paper ($7.01): Try grabbing this glow in the dark image transfer paper and whip up a quick Halloween-themed T-shirt the day before the big night!
- Super Stretch Spider Web, 16 Feet ($4.96): Nothing adds the spook-factor to your front yard quicker than spider webbing.
- Canvas Drop Cloth, 6 x 9 Feet ($11.95): Don’t forget to grab a dropcloth along with your pumpkin so that you have a spill-proof surface on which to do your carving.
- Cut Resistant Gloves ($11.99): Don’t spend even a second worrying about Halloween-related cuts. With these specialty gloves, you can carve worry-free.
What Halloween tools and DIY supplies do you rely on year after year?