I’m going to keep today’s post short and sweet because I’ve got quite a bit on my plate as I hustle to prep for DGD Pottery’s shop launch next week. BUT I didn’t want to let a brand new Friday go by without at least a little celebration in the form of a fun link roundup.
I love putting these posts together each week because it’s such a great way to kickstart conversations around the cool, creative things that people are doing across the web. One of my favorite things about being a working creative is how necessary it is to close up shop and soak up inspiration from others from time to time. Getting out of my head and away from my own ideas is so important and really stretches my perspective.
So, without further ado, here are a handful of the posts and stories that caught my eye this past week, all in the hopes that they jumpstart your own creativity throughout the weekend ahead!
Weekend Inspiration: No. 33
1. In case you’re planning to transition your home décor over to fall this Saturday and Sunday, make sure you read this post first. It’s packed with seven trends interior designers are ditching (plus some shopping advice, too) now that it’s October.
2. My sister sent me this renovation announcement from the Kennedy Center for their REACH project. Watch the fly-through video. It’s positively mind-boggling.
3. Speaking of art, I’m smitten with everything that Helen Levi creates.
4. Here’s a cool post with four clever ways to organize your kitchen using dowel rods.
5. In case you’re trying to figure out what to be for Halloween this year, take a colorful cue from my pal Rachel, and go as a paint swatch! Her DIY costume tutorial is this way.
6. Have you weighed in here yet? I’m still a little unsure, but am leaning toward leaving things just as they are.
7. This DIY terrazzo box is right up my alley, and I think I already have everything I need to make it! I guess I know what I’ll be doing this weekend…
About item 6, leave things the way they are with kitchen/dining wall. You’d like to brighten kitchen so can you change or add some lighting fixtures? I’d think on this change for 6 months while working on pottery!
Good idea!! Dad’s coming this weekend, so maybe I’ll ask his advice on better kitchen lighting!