I don’t know about you guys, but we are still wrestling with quite a bit of snow leftover from last weekend’s storm. It’s certainly old news by now, but we here on the east coast got hammered with the stuff, and John and I have an informal bet going as to just how long this snow will linger (my guess is we’ll still see traces of it mid-February). Click here to see a quick Snapchat video I saved to my phone on Friday, and here for one from Saturday, both showing #Jonas hitting our little neighborhood with all he had.
Happily, despite the fact that John and I were literally stuck inside for three solid days, we managed to survive our cabin fever—and we’re still married. Since I know this isn’t likely to be the last of 2016’s snow showers, I wanted to share a handful of ideas below for making the most of your next snow day.
How To Make The Most Of A Snow Day
- Go through your closet and pull out a pile of items and clothing to donate (bonus points for braving the storm to run outside and put it in your car before you have time to change your mind!)
- Hang the art that’s been hiding under your bed or leaning against the wall for the past six months
- Do a puzzle
- Binge watch a Netflix series you’ve been dying to try (my recommendations: The West Wing, Frasier, Salvage Dawgs)
- Rearrange the living room
- Play a card game
- Wash the dog
- Write those “Thank You” notes you’ve been meaning to send for ages
- Reorganize your kitchen cabinets
- Wash your sheets
- Write a letter to your best friend and stick it in the mailbox
- Go through that new cookbook you got for Christmas and dog-ear the recipes you want to try this season
- Color (some fun free printable sheets here, here, and here)
- Order something frivolous online just for fun
- Book a trip somewhere warm for later in the year
Do you have any ideas of your own? Any stand-by activities that you always save for your snow days stuck inside? Do tell!