I think I may be in the minority here, but it has taken me ages to gather momentum this new year. I feel like I’m only just now getting my feet back underneath me after the madness of the holiday season, which has put a bit of a strain on my work ethic. Let’s just say that it has been a struggle for me to muster the energy to pull myself out of bed in the morning before 8:00AM—and I’m usually a morning person!
All this to say that I could stand to have a mental health day pretty soon. A day to push reset on my creative energies, to indulge in a little “me” time, and to dive down deep into an encouraging read or two. If you’re feeling the same call toward stimulating your mental health, I’ve rounded up 12 pieces that I think could get both of us well on our way to more daily joy.
Whether it’s an extra cup of coffee (or, better yet, replacing your go-to Joe with tea!), a sweet-smelling candle, cozy sweater, new bedding, or an oil diffuser, this collection will have you feeling settled in no time. I even included a collection of Bento-type boxes so that you and I can work on prepping balanced lunches ahead of time to decrease anxiety! These pieces are meant to act as small steps in adding calm back into our chaotic lives, and each encourages extra forethought in making sure stress stays far, far away. Are you up to the challenge?
- Double Wall Insulated Espresso Mug ($15.99)
- Jonathan Adler Pop Candle, Champagne ($28.09)
- The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day ($22.92)
- J.Crew, Cambridge Cable Turtleneck Sweater ($59.99)
- Sunsella Buddy Boxes ($7.99)
- Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living ($13.79)
- Wood Ultrasonic Aroma Oil Diffuser ($44.99)
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones ($299)
- 100% Cotton Knit Throw ($89)
- Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow ($59.99)
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path
- Herbivore Botanicals, Dead Sea Bath Salts ($24)
Oh, and I have another blogging update for you! Although I’m starting it off small, I launched a new Shop page over the weekend! Click over to see the small collection of pieces, and check back each week as I plan to add new items frequently. I’m excited to have a new space to share the things I’m loving right now, and hope you enjoy the inspiration it provides, too.