I don’t know about your state, but we’ve experienced lots of spring-like temperatures (and freak thunderstorms, too) here in Virginia, which is making me feel like we’ve jumped head-first into the next season before it has even officially started. I’m kind of okay with it though, seeing as spring is practically my favorite time of year.
Like most people at the turn of the seasons, I’m taking a long, hard look at my closet in anticipation of the weather shift. Truth be told, I’m not very good at clothes shopping for myself, and shoe shopping is one of those tasks that I do only grudgingly. The result is that my shoe collection is—to put it lightly—ancient and grubby. I tend to choose a shoe and stick with just that single pair all season long, and you can tell.
It was the moment this past weekend that I pulled out my trusty pair of (old and dusty) Birkenstocks that I realized it was time to invest in a collection of new spring shoes. So, I’ve spent the morning pulling together a dozen options that will complete my warm-weather footwear in one fell swoop. Which of these 12 catches your eye?
- J.Crew, Canvas Espadrille Wedges ($82.50)
- TOMS, Speckled Classic Slip-On ($35.37)
- Adidas, ‘Stan Smith’ Sneaker ($74.95)
- BP., Sophie Lace-Up Flat ($59.95)
- Birkenstock, ‘Arizona’ Soft Footbed Sandal ($134.95)
- Hunter, Original High Gloss Boot ($150)
- J.Crew, Crisscross Ankle-Strap Sandals ($41.50)
- J.Crew, Morgan Woven Peep-Toe D’Orsay Flats ($62.50)
- J.Crew, Olive Suede Pumps ($79.99)
- J.Crew, Cora Suede Tassel Loafers ($49)
- J.Crew, Perforated Loafers ($62.50)
- Vans, Classic Slip-On Sneaker ($59.95)
Oh, and while I have you, I just wanted to say a heartfelt THANK YOU for the advice, suggestions, and kind words of support you all shared following Friday’s post. Dealing with my travel anxiety feels more manageable knowing that I’m not alone, plus I feel far more prepared to face the effects now that I have so many tips to try out. I just wanted to reiterate how much I appreciate all of the sweet comments and messages. You all are priceless to me! Thank you!