There are so many things that I love about summer—driving with the windows down, picnicking, sundresses—but probably my absolute favorite thing about the season is the food. John and I love paying homage to summer with cookout style food, and tend to pop the top on our grill weekly this time of year, so I thought it would be fun to share a collection of cookout-inspired goodies to get you thinking ahead to your own outdoor dinner party.
- Apron ($7.99)
- Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill ($29.99)
- Patio Pizzeria: Artisan Pizza and Flatbreads on the Grill, by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig ($17.26)
- Slotted Turner ($15.69)
- Professional Spatula Set ($25.55)
- 16-Jar Revolving Spice Rack with Free Spice Refills for 5 Years ($25.65)
- Grilling Plank Variety Pack + Recipe eBook ($19.99)
- Grill Master Platter Set ($49.90)
- Grill Master: The Ultimate Arsenal of Back-to-Basics Recipes for the Grill, by Fred Thompson ($18.46)
- Turning Tongs ($14.18)
- Grate Cleaning Brush ($17.15)
- Meat Shredder Claws ($7.99)
Another accessory not to be missed (and one that gets used over and over again in our house) is a Stainless Steel Vegetable Basket. John and I are big fans of roasted veggies, and tend to stock way, way up at the Farmers Market in nearby Staunton, Virginia. We love grilling corn, asparagus, zucchini—you name it!
What are a few of your favorite grilling recipes? We’d love to add some newbies to our list, so if you have any simple cookout meal ideas—aside from the requisite hot-dogs-and-hamburgers go-to—please do tell in the comments below.