This week kind of kicked my butt, if I’m being honest. It was one of those times when nothing I did seemed to turn out right, and I questioned whether I was even cut out to call myself a “DIY designer.” I spent my precious décor budget on items that didn’t end up looking at all how I imagined, and no matter how many times I swapped out pillows and rearranged art, I never felt like I quite nailed it.
I know it happens to all of us, and that I was clearly overthinking things that aren’t really all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I think it was a wake-up call that I need to show myself some self-care this weekend. I’m thinking about kicking back with Netflix, reading a book, maybe even taking a bath, and definitely not stressing over work or home projects until Monday rolls around.
How about you? What do you have up your sleeve for the weekend? If you need it, I’ve rounded up my requisite list of creative inspiration below to help jumpstart your planning for the next two days off.
Weekend Inspiration: No. 70
1. This story, spotted on the New York Times website, about homes that have become “famous” because of social media was pretty eye-opening (and, on a small level, pretty familiar, too!).
3. Speaking of ebooks, another friend of mine (Caitlin, of The Mama Notes) just released a resource guide for moms that includes more than 20 busy bag ideas for toddlers. Check it out here if you could use a few new ideas for entertaining your little ones.
4. I’ve gotten some messages on Instagram about how we’re liking our Sven sectional from Article several months after getting it. I can safely say that we love it! The couch is a favorite in our household, and hasn’t worn down at all despite constant lounging by both humans and pets.
5. I had ordered a set of these plaid pillow covers for our living room ahead of the fall decorating season, and I can’t say enough good things about them. They seem really well-made for costing less than $10 a piece (and they’re 20% off right now!).
6. Instead of sharing another link, I just wanted to put this out there in case you also had a rough week that had you questioning your worth…YOU ARE AMAZING!! Take a deep breath, spend some quiet time with yourself this weekend, and know that this, too, shall pass. Now, I’m off to go take my own advice! Have a great weekend, my friends.
*I earn a small percentage from purchases made using the affiliate links above. Affiliate links are not sponsored. Rest assured that I never recommend products we wouldn’t use or don’t already love ourselves.