I’m officially back in the office this morning post-vacation, and although my heart aches for the sun and sand that I was fortunate enough to soak up last week, I’m also pleased as punch to be back here with you guys. I’m a creature of habit, after all, so getting back into the swing of things at home is just what the doctor ordered.
Speaking of soaking up the sun, it’s time for all of us to make sun protection and skincare a priority before summer arrives next month. I never used to be much of a beauty buff (I’m still not), but my role as editor at Glitter Guide has offered ample opportunity to test out different products in the name of feature research.
These below are the stand-out brands that I’ve come to trust over the years, and even though I, in no way, shape, or form, think you need every item in this collection (no one needs to spend that much money on beauty—no one), I think any single piece will go far in your quest for responsible summer skincare.
- Vita Liberata, Ten Minute Tan ($39)
- Tata Harper, Very Illuminating Cheek Tint ($40)
- Dr. Jart+, Cicapair ™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 ($52)
- NARS, Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($45)
- AMOREPACIFIC, Resort Collection Sun Protection Stick SPF 50+ ($40)
- Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Bright SPF 30 Skin Tone Correcting Oil-Free Moisturizer ($53)
- Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 ($42)
- Peter Thomas Roth, Instant Mineral SPF 45 ($30)
- NARS, Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment ($25)
- Tata Harper, Illuminating Eye Crème ($95)
- Philosophy, Ultimate Miracle Worker Multi-Rejuvenating Cream SPF 30 ($75)
- Tom Ford, Bronzing Gel ($48)
Have you tried any of these for yourself? Did I miss one of your favorite SPF products? Leave your votes in the comments! I’m also curious to hear if you’ve come to rely on any drugstore beauty products for your summer routine (think: anything under $15). I really love Garnier’s skincare product line and I’m also a long-time fan of JĀSÖN. Feel free to add to the discussion below.