Happy Monday! I probably shouldn’t admit this, but Mondays are actually my favorite day of the week. The day offers a nice, fresh start, there’s less pressure since I have plenty of days to get my projects for that week done before Saturday rolls around, and Monday tends to be my lightest email day of the week.
On the other hand, Fridays are my least favorite. I have until 5PM to get everything on my list done before calling it quits for the weekend, and I swear everyone waits until 4PM on Friday afternoon to send me their “urgent” email requests. It stresses me out just thinking about Friday…So, instead, I’ll simply bask in the slow-paced glory of this Monday morning.
- Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home by Rebecca Atwood ($22.02)
- Potted Faux Ball Cactus Plant in Pot ($37.99)
- Table Lamp ($21.75)
- Solid Wood Wall Frame ($23.99)
- Elements of Style: Designing a Home & a Life, by Erin Gates ($19.91)
- 3 Piece Canister Set ($35.99)
- Retro Alarm Clock ($14.45)
- Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves, by Emily Henderson ($18.39)
- Recycled Glass Bud Vase ($43.99)
- Diptyque ‘Baies’ Scented Candle 2.4 oz ($34)
- Succulents in Wooden Pot ($58.99)
- Hettie 3 Piece Vase Set ($35.99)
One thing in particular that I’ve got on my to-do list for the week is a home tour photo shoot. I’m so excited to be teaming up with local photographer, Carrie Coleman, to document all of the changes we’ve made to our home since last year’s tour. You’d probably think that not enough has changed since last June to warrant a new shoot, but I think you’ll be surprised to see all of the differences from room to room.
With a looming photo shoot in just a few days time, I’ve been running like a mad woman around our house, making sure that everything (and I mean everything) is styled to perfection. In case you’re working on styling your own surfaces, the list above features a few of the top picks I always keep around for styling emergencies—because, yes, those moments totally exist! I can’t wait to share more about the tour next month, but in the meantime, be sure to follow along with me on Instagram for behind the scenes peeks and to weigh in with your own styling ideas as I work on each room in turn.
P.S. Have you voted for our space in this year’s Design Dash hosted by La-Z-Boy yet?! See the room I made over with my Glitter Guide teammate, Caitlin Kruse, here. Oh, and, as always, my promise to you is that the affiliate links featured in this post spotlight items that I use and love myself.