Despite the fact that I dipped my toe in the water of fashion content last year, I’m definitely not a style blogger. I don’t have a killer body, and I have zero interest in fussing with my hair or makeup, but I do take my time picking out what to wear each day. It’s a ritual that I enjoy in the mornings, and is just another way for me to be a little creative around the house.
Spring, especially, is a time for me to step outside the norm and experiment with new things. Even though I’m trying hard to limit my trips to the store (and I’m also challenging myself to shop smaller locally), I love treating myself to a handful of new pieces to update my collection. One store I’ve been popping into a lot more often lately is Old Navy. I’ve found that I can buy almost the exact same pieces that Madewell carries (which is another favorite brand of mine), but for a fraction of the price. See above and below for just a few of the swaps I’m considering for spring.
- Jean Jacket: Old Navy $32 // Madewell $118
- Tank Dress: Old Navy $15 // Madewell $65
- Tote: Old Navy $35 // Madewell $168
- Striped Blouse: Old Navy $30 // Madewell $78
- White Sneakers: Old Navy $27 // Madewell $120
- Boyfriend Jeans: Old Navy $35 // Madewell $135
This post isn’t sponsored or anything. I just happened to catch on to this amazing coincidence and had to tell the world. Isn’t it just wild how similar these pieces are? I can personally attest to the quality of the Old Navy pieces, too. The jersey fabrics they use are super soft and comfortable, and even though the bags are faux leather, they still hold up really nicely. If you prefer real leather and thicker, less stretchy denim, then maybe splurge on those pieces from Madewell, but for the rest, I can’t bring myself to spend so much more for roughly the same product. Don’t miss the astonishing totals for everything below, and do tell in the comments which swap surprised you the most.
- Sunglasses: Old Navy $12 // Madewell $55
- Jumpsuit: Old Navy $39 // Madewell $138
- Drawstring Tote: Old Navy $15 // Madewell $168
- Chambray Shirt: Old Navy $27 // Madewell $72
- Stacked Necklace: Old Navy $13 // Madewell $48
- Striped Dress: Old Navy $17 // Madewell $50
TOTAL: Old Navy $297, Madewell $1,215
Who needs a killer body when you have a killer blog. Be happy and healthy!
Awww, thank you!! Hear, hear!