That cheese plate above is making me absolutely ravenous right now! I think I might just have to save an afternoon this weekend for my go-to wine and cheese bar in town. One of my favorite things to do is go out to eat, and wine and cheese might just be my absolute favorite. Whenever we go, John and I tend to settle in for a nice long chat. Wine, of course, makes me more talkative than normal, so we take our sweet time, usually ending up having a really deep conversation. Isn’t it funny how something as simple as wine and a platter loaded down with cheese can end up facilitating such a meaningful experience? If you’re local, you’ve just gotta try Yelping Dog in Staunton! Okay, now for those links…
Weekend Inspiration: No. 3
- In case all that wine-and-cheese talk has you craving the meal, too, check out my tips for hosting a tasty night in here.
- Another really great home tour video, this time from across the pond!
- I’ve actually only seen “Out Of Africa” once, but I will never forget the music, the acting, and the clothes! This style feature inspired by the film really struck me as cool.
- I need this artist’s work in my life.
- I’m reading this memoir right now, and love it. It’s thrilling to learn more about Philip Glass, especially since my sister and I are headed off to see him in concert next weekend.
- I recreated these DIY Minimal Soap Bottles for our mid-reno hall bathroom, and love how they turned out. Photos coming soon of our progress—I promise!
- If only I needed more mugs in my life…These colorful patterned mugs that Sarah made are so pretty.
- Speaking of mugs (and why I don’t need anymore), did you see my collection of handmade goodies from pottery class? See all seven ceramic cups and dishes here.