Summer doesn’t technically start until June 21, but I’m already in that seasonal state of mind. I’ve been out and about nearly every afternoon, and most days are filled with big outdoor home projects that I couldn’t get to during the chill of winter.
Since I thought you might be turning your attention outside, too, I’m sharing a quick roundup of curb appeal projects to try. Some require just an hour to cross off your list, whereas others might involve more of a weekend’s worth of time to complete, but each one offers big bang for your buck when it comes to putting your home’s best face forward. Feel free to peruse the list below, and then let me know in the comments which project caught your eye for summer.
Cool DIY Curb Appeal Projects To Try:
1. Even though you might not be able to appreciate it as much from the street, a fancy cedar porch ceiling goes a long way in making your home feel welcoming once guests actually get up to your front door. (source)
2. Speaking of, our very own bold orange front door makes a big statement that you’re welcome to copy! A few other mid-century inspired curb appeal updates include things like a cluster of leafy plants and a new clean-lined door handle. (source)
5. Maybe you can break out the power tools, but you really just don’t want to. If that’s the case, I’d suggest something like this faux stone wall covering, which updates the look of your home from the street without having to demo out your existing brick or siding. (source)
6. In case you’re looking for a project to tackle in just one afternoon, I love this easy tutorial for painting a front door without taking it off its hinges. (source)
7. John and I have been talking about adding a fence to our home’s property line since before we even moved in. The modern fence linked here and pictured above is currently at the top of my inspiration image pile. (source)