While I was out of the office between Christmas and New Years I spent a good part of my down time away from my computer, and I tried to limit screen time on my phone, too. Instead of keeping up with things on the web like I do most every other day of the year, I spent most of my days off with John shopping, taking neighborhood walks, and eating out. That said, I still allowed myself a little Internet leisure time. Scroll on to see what stood out during my holiday vacation!
Weekend Inspiration: No. 43
1. We started working on another big living room makeover over winter break using almost entirely different furniture—the catch was that we wanted to only use pieces that we already owned so that it cost next to nothing to do! More on that soon, but the one thing we did buy for the space was this double wall sconce. I can’t wait to share the before and after with you.
2. Another thing I freshened up over the holidays was my Instagram feed. I unfollowed a handful of profiles that no longer inspired me (or that I realized were actually bringing me down), and subscribed to a whole bunch of new people to reignite me motivation to try new things. One stand-out favorite is Jenny Komenda. She just started a new home renovation project and shared an amazing walk-through on IGTV. It’s a must-watch!
3. I also discovered Hermione Chantal’s YouTube channel around New Years, and am totally hooked on her home reno, too.
4. Speaking of good TV, have you tried watching the new Marie Kondo show on Netflix yet? I’ve seen one episode and thought it was pretty good. Kind of an unusual format (I didn’t realize she spoke very little English!), but worth a watch if you have time this weekend.
5. I’m so intrigued by the clothing challenge that Elsie Larson announced on A Beautiful Mess in early January. Do you think you could do it? I might try it out.
6. I added a few new books to my collection around Christmas, including this one by one of my favorite novelists of all time, this one (admittedly a guilty pleasure read!), and this one. Let me know in the comments if you’d recommend any others in honor of the new year.
*I earn a small percentage from purchases made using the affiliate links above. Affiliate links are not sponsored. Rest assured that I never recommend products we wouldn’t use or don’t already love ourselves.