First of all, can we just celebrate the fact that our fiddle leaf fig tree (the one you see pictured there in the corner above) is more than twice as tall as that now!? Apparently this house and its wealth of natural light was just what the plant doctor ordered for our little tree.
I can’t believe I bought it for less than 50 bucks over five years ago from IKEA! It’s one of the best houseplants we have, and apparently just needed a regular watering schedule and to not be touched once we put it in place. We set the tree right there in the corner when we moved into the house in 2015, and that was clearly the magic spot. See this post for an updated peek at its souring height.
Anyway, I’m just as excited as ever that it’s Friday and we’re about to kick off another weekend. I’m hoping to take things a little easier this Saturday and Sunday because I’ve been back and forth to my parents’ house this past week helping them decorate, rearrange, organize, and paint their new spaces. You guys know—maybe better than anybody—that my favorite way to spend any down time is working on home projects, but I could still stand to relax. Keep scrolling for insight into how I plan to do exactly that this weekend.
Weekend Inspiration: No. 58
1. I recently downloaded the Calm app and have loved every minute of the guided daily meditations. It’s a little on the pricier side for an app, but I appreciate the emergency anti-anxiety sessions, and they even have bedtime stories that have helped me get to sleep a lot faster than normal!
3. I may not plan to do any working this weekend, but I will be thinking through a few big projects that I have on my list for later this month. This beautiful at-a-glance monthly planner helps me keep all my big ideas organized until my next burst of energy strikes.
4. Have you read this article in the New York Times all about how climate change is affecting food? It’s the perfect companion read alongside your Saturday or Sunday morning coffee.
5. For those of you who aren’t planning to lay low this weekend, here’s a fun IKEA hack to try! I came across it while browsing Hunker this past week, and couldn’t believe that it started out as a floor pad.
6. Before I sign off for the day, I wanted to encourage you to do this: pause, close your eyes, and take a biiiiiigggggg deep breath. Just that little action alone can do wonders to help center you ahead of the weekend—no matter what you have planned!
*I earn a small percentage from purchases made using the affiliate links above. Affiliate links are not sponsored. Rest assured that I never recommend products we wouldn’t use or don’t already love ourselves.