As you all know by now, our style aesthetic has evolved quite a bit over the past five years, and has focused squarely on anything and everything from the mid-century modern era of design. John and I both just love those sleek, retro silhouettes and colors, and I basically feel like I should have been born in 1962. Whether it’s mid-century movies (have I mentioned lately that I’m a die hard classic movie fanatic?) or art, it’s all but guaranteed that I love it.
And, of course, it goes without saying that retro fabric patterns make me weak in the knees, too. In case you are also an MCM groupie, here are 10 vintage style fabric patterns to inspire you, all care of Buyfabrics.com.
10 Mid-Century Inspired Fabric Patterns
- Ivon Salmon Charcoal Contemporary Drapery Fabric
- Mayan Dallas Miller Contemporary Drapery Fabric
- Sydney Ash Gray Geometric Cotton Slub Drapery Fabric
- Glamis Fresco Coral Pink Ikat Chevron Indoor/Outdoor Upholstery Fabric
- Sew Be It Persimmon Orange Embroidered Geometric Drapery Fabric
- Phase Bittersweet Twill Contemporary Drapery Fabric
- Nivala Navajo Red Bottle Top Indoor/Outdoor Fabric
- Susette Canal Twill Suzani Drapery Fabric
- Seamist Contemporary Drapery Fabric
- Caroline Salmon Charcoal Contemporary Drapery Fabric
Which one is your favorite? And while I have you, I can’t help but drop a little teaser that I have a big furniture makeover coming up this summer in collaboration with Buyfabrics.com!
I have been aching to make over a certain orange chair of ours from Galaxie Modern, and chose a fabric from Buyfabrics.com that I think is going to make those cool mid-century lines just sing. It’s currently being held hostage at the upholsterer’s shop, but you better believe I’ll be sharing more than a few before and after photos when it finally comes back home. Stay tuned!
Love your picks
Great picks especially love the phase bittersweet twill fabric
Thanks!! Glad you like them!