Okay, so first a confession: I’m still not 100 percent happy with the design of my home office. I don’t really know why it has taken me so long and so many failed attempts, but I just don’t feel like it’s “there,” if that makes sense. This is supposed to be the most inspiring space in our home, and so far, it just feels blah.
While I did genuinely like the direction of my first office design, it never really felt like it suited the era of our mid-century home, especially after dramatically shifting design gears at the beginning of 2017. The new furniture was a little too, well…new, and the storage was there, but I had waaaaaaay too much stuff. I’ve since sold my desk and replaced it was a vintage beauty that I can’t wait to show you, plus I’ve donated most of the excess clutter and styling supplies to charity in an effort to have just what I love surrounding me in this space.
As I work slowly but surely behind the scenes to perfect the design of my office, I wanted to share a mini roundup of desktop accessories to help you along with your own work space makeover. These 12 goodies will put both of us well on our ways to the office oasis of our dreams.
- Circular Succulent Pot ($15.99)
- Wooden LED Digital Alarm Clock ($17.69)
- USB Headphone Stand Holder ($34.99)
- Desktop Letter Sorter ($9.99)
- ban.do “I Don’t Work Here” Notebook ($12)
- Rose Gold Tape Dispenser ($19.99)
- Storage Caddy ($30)
- Swing Arm Desk Lamp ($36.99)
- Wood Business Card Case Holder ($14.99)
- Magnetic Paper Clip Holder ($48)
- Loose Leaf Tea Infuser Strainer Cup ($9.95)
- Aluminum Mouse Pad ($29.99)
So, what do you think? Do these accents hit the mark for you, too? I’m particularly besotted with that Aluminum Mouse Pad since the cloth one I have now just never seems to stay clean (darn coffee stains). The idea of a crisp, clean, solid surface mouse pad is music to my productivity-starved ears. Leave your own top pick from the list above down in the comments below!