Confession: we’ve been in a little bit of a foodie rut lately…Not a fun place to be! The summer has been a fairly busy one, what with big projects here at our house (more on that soon!) and pulling together my parents’ new house, too, so John and I just keep defaulting to the easiest things we can throw together whenever dinnertime rolls around.
All that’s about to change, though, because summer’s slowly winding down, and so are our projects. With more time on our hands, I can feel myself wanting to get more out of dinner besides just a full stomach. I want to try new things, and revisit a few of our very favorite recipes as we transition to fall. In honor of this new food-themed motivation, I’m sharing a whole bunch of links below that hopefully will get you feeling excited to spend time in the kitchen this weekend—and beyond!
Weekend Inspiration: No. 69
1. Dinner isn’t the only meal I’m trying to reinvigorate. I’ve also been mixing things up for breakfast! Instead of defaulting to the same old breakfast sandwich, I’m now making these homemade pop tarts ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week. Now I actually look forward to getting out of my comfy bed everyday!
2. I just picked up everything from Trader Joe’s for this Simple Strip Steak & Sautéed Veggies recipe, and can’t wait to try it. Sounds like a pretty fast one to throw together, too.
3. Another TJ dinner we’re going to experiment with over the weekend is this Tikka Masala-inspired meal. I got a little burnt out on Indian food earlier this year, but I love the idea of trying the traditional flavors in a totally different form than the bowls I’m used it: burritos!
4. Okay, all of this food talk is making me hungry…I’m almost ready for a snack and it’s still pretty early in the morning! I love the idea of using this recipe for Peanut Butter Breakfast Parfaits as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
5. We can’t leave lunch out now, can we? I’m a sucker for those Pinterest posts promising a list of 20-some portable lunches, but find that they’re often just the same recipe with one or two tiny changes throughout the list. This mega lunch ideas compilation really does have some great variety, though. I want to try a new one every day for the next 30 days.
6. I’m making the promise right here, right now, to not let the season end without making a pitcher of this Summer Strawberry Lemonade Sangria. Who’s with me?!
*I earn a small percentage from purchases made using the affiliate links above. Affiliate links are not sponsored. Rest assured that I never recommend products we wouldn’t use or don’t already love ourselves.