I can hardly believe it, but this weekend marks one full year in our new house! I couldn’t possibly be more in love with our 1960s ranch and our new life in this new town of ours. This home is a literal dream come true, and 365 days later I still get goosebumps every time I pull into the driveway. The cool A-frame silhouette, retro detailing throughout, and all of the LOVE, blood, sweat, and tears that we’ve poured into it room by room have me wishing that we never have to move again. We purchased the house from the homeowners who built it over 50 years ago, and I wouldn’t mind handing it over to another young couple 50 years from now. Here’s to many, many more happy years here!
Although we’ll be spending the weekend toasting to our homeownership anniversary, here are seven creative crafts to try in case you’re looking to focus on DIY projects the next two days.
7 DIY Links To Boost Your Maker Motivation
- A Fall Plaid Crossbody Bag, via A Kailo Chic Life
- DIY Pool Float Costumes, via Studio DIY
- DIY Crystal Backpack, via Enthralling Gumption
- DIY Camera Strap With A Scarf, via The House That Lars Built
- DIY Mini Painted Pumpkins, via Lovely Indeed
- DIY ‘Work It’ Back-To-School Clipboard, via Dream Green DIY
- DIY Stamped Lemon Tote Bag, via Alice & Lois
And in case you missed some of the fun content that went live right here on DGD, click back to see my tutorial for a DIY Cotton Upholstered Hairpin Leg Bench, a recipe for Chicken Risotto With Kale & Butternut Squash, the Black, Blush & Gold Fall Tablescape Mood Board that I put together with HP, and quick directions to make your own DIY White-On-White Pom-Pom Scarf. Got a fun link of your own to share? Drop it in the comments!
Get daily maker inspiration on Pinterest