First, I want to say a big “THANK YOU!” for being so understanding this week while I was away spending time with my family. I enjoyed a blissful three days with my sister and couldn’t have asked for a better way to fill my time away from the office. We laid super low on Sunday when she arrived, but then went a little shopping crazy come Monday. She and I both stocked up on a few goodies for the end-of-summer transition into fall, and we also managed to sneak in a fun lunch (and dinner!) out, too.
Anyway, all of that family time was wonderful, but I am kind of excited to be on my own this weekend while John’s at work. I’ll probably end up working on some kind of project, but I hope to also spend quality time with my current summer read. Scroll on for some links to inspire your own weekend ahead.
Weekend Inspiration: No. 22
1. I’m going to share a big house update in the next couple of weeks because we’ve been hit by a couple of surprise repair projects, but in the meantime, let’s just say I’ve been pinching my pennies hard. It reminded me that I should take another deep dive into my copy of The Financial Diet book for a refresher on how to budget wisely. Learn more about the book (including the tiny cameo I made in it!) here.
2. This patio makeover has me itching to tackle an outdoor décor project of my own before summer ends.
4. I’m dying to try this 6-ingredient easy Traditional Red Sangria recipe.
6. Brittni’s DIY Eames-inspired molecule sculpture is so fun and creative. I can’t wait to try recreating it for our own coffee table this fall.
7. Did you catch my latest crafty story for Hunker? Find out what it is this time here.