Now that my parents are all moved into their new home, I’m helping my mom decorate every chance I get. That means we’ve been stealing away for hours at a time to wander secondhand shops and antique stores to hunt down old pieces of furniture that we can potentially make over to suit their updated space.
Suffice it to say I’ve got furniture makeovers on my mind, so in honor of the last weekend of April 2019, I thought it might be fun to look back on all my favorite DIY furniture makeover projects from the blog. Who knows…They might just inspire you to get creative these next two days off, too! See the linked list below.
Weekend Inspiration: No. 56
1. This DIY wood slat side table might just be my favorite furniture makeover of all time. It was so inexpensive and easy to do!
2. Another recent furniture project that I still can’t get enough of is this teardrop-accented dresser. I’m considering a repeat of the design on a smaller nightstand that we already have.
3. We can’t get enough of benches in our house. You’ll find them at the ends of beds, sitting pretty against an otherwise empty wall, and my parents are even using one as a makeshift coffee table while they work to find the perfect one for their new home. In case you’ve got a bench of your own that’s in need of a makeover, try this rope-wrapped project on for size.
4. Not all furniture makeover projects are easily handled by yourself, though. Take our vintage leather couch as an example! It needed to be reupholstered badly, so we enlisted professional help to bring our more involved before/after vision to life. See the process of tackling this type of outsourced furniture makeover here.
5. Speaking of reupholstery, I contributed a few thoughts to this article on Domino Magazine’s website all about how to tackle the job when it is possible to do it at home.
*I earn a small percentage from purchases made using the affiliate links above. Affiliate links are not sponsored. Rest assured that I never recommend products we wouldn’t use or don’t already love ourselves.